Friday, February 29, 2008

No Insti for Dull people: Prologue

Ive only just remembered the pitiful state of my fledgling blogging career.So lets restart.

Lets see now, I find myself standing at the fag end of the "Celebrated" College life and I choose to look back at whatever it is Ive indulged in over the past 4 years.

Jul 2004

The hallowed but intellectually challenging days of IIT Study Circle .. better known as Ramaiah are over.Ive succeeded ( I guess ) by clearing JEE and getting into the prestigious IIT's and after a quick trip to IIT M (followed by a highly satisfying first and only trip to Tirupati) I find out its Roorkee, which is supposedly the old guy wearing spunky clothes and trying to become this new person altogether.

With a heavy heart and a heavier suitcase we start our journey to college, newfound liberties, the place where people discover who they really are. (I'd rather say that this is a continuous process and college is where it generally begins) The seemingly unending trip to Delhi and then the highly unforgettable car ride (where we must have "almost died" at least 5 times) to this obscure location in the middle of nowhere notwithstanding,we (read me and my fellow partners from Ramaiah) loved what we saw. The serene waters of the Ganga , the beautifully lush green lawns and most importantly the majestic "Main Building" and the EnC dept which was going to be our "Adda" for the next four years.I didnt get what use the famed EnC tower was for (and it baffles me to this day) and I guess no one ever does and all this does is precisely what we think we do best.....think.

So anyway we get to the campus only to find ourselves barraged by this prodigal use of Hindi on the signboards.Now my schooling had taught me to be a proficient Hindi scholar, well not so much of a scholar but someone who could read it all and "get it" for most part.... but I'd have to accept that this was very new to me too. We often made fun of terms like "Taran Taal" and what not that we saw on the boards trying to figure out who called the swimming pool that.

Rajendra Bhawan (RJB) from here on in would be our first home. F2 (with the 848-849 duo along with many other close and "further away" associates) would become famous in the annals of "clubbing" in our wing and I'd love every moment of it. As Chandler would put it....."It would be perfection."

No comments: